Internships help students with the career planning that is so essential for life after graduation. The Colleges of Letters, Arts, and Science offers internship courses designed to provide students with work experience on an individual basis. These courses consist of training and practice in actual service in a technical, business, or governmental establishment.
Earning Credit for your Internship
LASC 393 and LASC 493 are upper division internship classes that may be taken for 1-6 units of credit. LASC 393/493 units may be either elective credits or credits that apply to a major or minor; speak to an academic advisor in your major to find out how these credits apply toward your program of study.
After you have done so, please complete the following steps to apply for LASC Internship course
- Complete the online information session.
- This will generate an email to you with a link to the online application.
- Follow the steps outlined in the application and submit it.
- You will receive confirmation that you application has been submitted AND
- steps to completed the REQUIRED Risk/Release form
- The Internship Coordinator will enroll you in the course when ALL of the above is complete.