Club Representatives: Please contact Stephanie Watson to update your club contact information.
There are Roughly 9,000 pre-health students. Is your club info up-to-date?
- Delta Delta Sigma (DDS) Pre-Dental Club: Contact Keon Fakhimi for information. Club website is arizonapredental.weebly.com
- Operation Smile Club helps give free reconstructive surgeries to children world-wide. For more information about club meetings and events for this year, connect with us on Facebook.
- Global Dental Brigades Global Dental Brigades (GDB) is a student-led organization that focuses primarily on the oral issues that communities in Panama and Honduras currently face due to limited access to dental care and education. We address oral issues through immediate dental care, preventative treatments and education. During the brigade, we set up a mobile dental clinic to provide immediate services such as extractions for those oral cases that have surpassed the level of restoration. We reemphasize the importance of oral health through education in order to break the cycle of continuous decay. This educational portion of the program plays the most sustainable role for the communities we visit. Email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on Facebook.
- P.A.I.N. UA Pre-Nursing Club. The University of Arizona Pre-Nursing Club, Professional Achievements in Nursing (P.A.I.N.), helps pre-nursing students to meet each other and come together to participate in volunteer, service, social, and fundraising activities. Connect with us through Facebook.
Pre-Med & Pre-Podiatry (primarily)
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED) Club. Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED) is a pre-health honorary open to any students interested in pursuing a health field; as such, Alpha Epsilon Delta has a diverse range of students who are interested in various health fields such as medicine, pharmacy, nursing, physical therapy, and many others. Visit our website or contact AED by email or at email@example.com.
- American Medical Student Association. We have meetings roughly every 1st, 3rd, and 5th (when applicable) Thursday of each month, where members from the local medical community speak. This semester, our speakers include surgeons, pediatricians, possibly current medical students, medical lawyers, dieticians, etc. Pre-med students can direct any quesitons to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can be found at the AMSA website at or in this AMSA brochure.
- The Cardiology Outreach Organization. The Cardiology Outreach Organization is a club for pre-med students to get prepared for medical school as well as help prevent obesity related diseases in our community. Connect with us on Facebook. Club email: email@example.com
- Chicanos and Latinos for Community Medicine. Interested? Email Juan Arturo Siordia.
- F.A.C.E.S. in the Health Professions (Fostering and Achieving Cultural Equity and Sensitivity) is a pre-health club focused on aiding undeserved populations. Meetings and activities consist of guest speakers, medical skills clinics, volunteering trips to Nogales, Sonora, and much more!Faces meets every other Thursday at 5:30pm in the College of Medicine room 2117. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org and check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
- FLYING SAMARITANS Club. Flying Samaritans is a medical service club on campus that makes monthly trips to Agua Prieta, Mexico to set up a free clinic for underprivileged residents. We travel internationally by having a few volunteers drive across the border (2 hour drive). You will have a wonderful opportunity to attend some of these clinics and volunteer as a translator, triage, or shadow the doctors that we bring along! ALL majors are welcome and fluency in Spanish is not required but greatly appreciated! Our club incorporates components including epidemiology, pharmacy, shadowing doctors, preventative public health education, taking vitals, dentistry,and interpreting. Contact: email@example.com or visit our Facebook Page.
- Future Health Leaders Alliance The first goal of FHLA is to provide a deeper level of insight into the health fields that our members have interest in. To accomplish this goal, FHLA will provide numerous shadowing experiences for its members to take advantage of. The second goal is to allow members to develop and enhance important basic skills utilized in the medical field (i.e. CPR/suture trainings, etc.). The purpose of this organization is not only to provide members with valuable experiences, but also to empower each member to grow as an individual and as a future health leader. Expectations of members include taking initiative when opportunities arise, being innovative and sharing ideas, and being proactive and engaged during events. For further information, contact Future Health Leaders Alliance.
- Med Mentors. The Undergraduate Director of MedMentors can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MedCats Club Medcats is a pre-health organization for University of Arizona who's goal is to provide you with information and resources to make you the best applicant possible for med school. We meet bi-weekly on Tuesdays at 7pm, in Modern Languages 306. Connect with us on Facebook.
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS): MAPS is part of a national organization called the Student National Medical Association (SNMA). Our club endeavors to support the current and future underrepresented minorities pursing pre-health professions. MAPS is committed to addressing the needs of the undeserved at the University of Arizona and increasing the number of academically excellent, culturally competent, and socially conscious pre-healthcare professionals. Our club is all-inclusive and open to anyone pursing a career in medicine.
- Mobile MediCats. Mobile MediCats operates as a student-run mobile clinic under the oversight of the Tucson Non-Profit Dequenesh. We will provide whatever care we can legally as we travel around Tucson to help those who are not quite as fortunate as us. Email us and/or connect with us on Facebook.
- The Music and Medicine Club integrates a volunteer-based musical program into the hospitals and medical facilites in the Tucson area. If you are a musician interested in health-related careers, send an email to Akshay Syal with your name and musical talent. InvolveUA site.
- Naturopaths without Borders UA-NWB's mission it to provide Naturopathic health care to impoverished communities, while empowering those communities through education, supporting growth and cultivating sustainable resources. Connect with us on Facebook or through our InvolveUA site.
- University EMS is a Student Organization dedicated to serving the UA Campus by providing medical care to its students. Questions? Email us or visit us at our website. Connect with us through Facebook (Instagram and Twitter are also /universityems)
- Omega Delta Pre-Optometry Club. Like us on Facebook!
Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- P.O.S.T. Association. Like us on Facebook!
- Are you interested in becoming a Physician Assistant? We now have a club just for students considering careers as Physician Assistants! For more information, please email the Pre-PA Club Officers. Connect with us on Facebook.
General Clubs - Members are Interested in Varied Health Career Paths
- AALS (African Americans in Life Sciences). contact Ismael Miller or Tatiana Jerome.
- Global Medical Brigades is a volunteer organization offerring travel to Honduras and Panama to provide free medical care in underserved populations. We also strive to create a presence in the local Tucson community by participating in various volunteer projects as well. For more information contact email@example.com. To get on the listserv, email the secretary.
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA): Future Health Professionals is a national student organization that promotes career opportunities in the health care industry. Students of all majors are welcome, especially those interested in leadership, community service, competitive events, scholarships, internships, and much more. For more information visit us on Facebook.
- MEDLIFE is a global health organization that works to improve access to Medicine, Education, and Development (MEDs) in impoverished regions of Latin America. We would love for you to join us and learn more about our organization first-hand. We are looking for students to be involved in our chapter here at the University of Arizona by helping with on-campus activism and fundraising. For more Information, visit our website or connect through Facebook.
- Muralcles is a UA service club starting its 13th year on campus! We provide a healing environment for hospitalized pediatric patients and the children of underprivileged communities through art, music, laughter and service. Please visit our website or join us on OrgSync at www.orgsync.com. If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Neuroscience Club. Email Michelle for more information or visit us on Facebook!
- Neuroscience & Cognitive Science Ambassadors (NSCS Ambassadors)
- The aim of the NSCS Ambassadors is to provide academic and professional development resources to NSCS students, promote the major to prospective students, and organize events that foster a strong NSCS community. Involve UA website: https://arizona.collegiatelink.net/organization/NSCS-Ambassadors
- Neuroscience & Cognitive Science Association of Students (NSCSAS) Join a community of students who are passionate about the brain! NSCSAS hosts activities that allow students to explore different fields of Neuroscience & Cognitive Science. We also engage and inform the community about Neuroscience and Cognitive Science. Involve UA website: https://arizona.collegiatelink.net/organization/nscsas
- Nu Rho Psi - Alpha in Arizona (NRP) Nu Rho Psi is the national honor society in neuroscience.The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to encourage excellence in scholarship in neuroscience, promote career development, engage in outreach, and to serve our community. Involve UA website: https://arizona.collegiatelink.net/organization/nu-rho-psi
- Nutritional Health Awareness. Email: email@example.com
- Nutritional Sciences Club: a student-run club dedicated to personal and professional development of students interested in nutrition. Through volunteer opportunities, guest speakers, professional conference attendance, and social events, the Nutritional Sciences Club offers student members unique experiences related to professions in nutrition and health. For more information, request access to the club Facebook page. Facebok link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arizonanutrition/
- Physiology Club. Website
- Pre-Health APAMSA (Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association) seeks to promote health for Asian and Pacific Islander communities and individuals, as well as other communities of color, through community action and health education. The diversity of Asian communities in Tucson necessitates elevating awareness of and addressing unmet health needs specific to each community. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org and our website is facebook.com/uaapamsa
- Project G.I.V.E. (Goals, Inspirations, Values, and Education). Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Project Sunshine. Project Sunshine is nonprofit organization that provides free educational, recreational, and social programs to children and families living with medical challenges. The UA Project Sunshine club volunteers with children at Diamond Children’s Hospital and Children's Clinic at TMC to bring fun games, crafts, and activities to the children staying there. If you have any questions about the UA Chapter of Project Sunshine, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on Facebook.
- Student Health Activist Society (SHAS) contact Aaron Harvey or Sam Timm for more information
- UA VIDA Club. The UA VIDA club provides training and fundraising opportunities to those interested in volunteering in Central America as part of the VIDA volunteer organization. VIDA provides free health, dental, and animal care to rural areas in Central America. Connect with us through Facebook.
- Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) is a student-led organization that advocates for women’s advancement and leadership in medically related fields and the sciences to ensure the successful participation of women in roles within medicine and science. Contact email@example.com and/or see their website.