We are excited to announce that we are giving away TWO Kaplan Courses! Two lucky students will be given a spring Kaplan scholarship to be used for a GRE, MCAT, DAT, OAT, or PCAT preparation course. Students should only apply if they are applying to a health-professional program during the summer of 2019 and plan to matriculate in the fall of 2020. Students must also have met with a pre-health advisor recently, have not previously taken a prep course, and demonstrate financial need. Freshmen and sophomores are not eligible for this opportunity. The application opens Friday, October 19th and closes Sunday, November 11th at 11:59pm.
Winners will be notified in late November or early December. The winners must contact Kaplan by December 31, 2018. The preparation course must be redeemed in spring of 2019. For additional questions, please contact .
- You must be a current UA student or alumni
- You have at least junior status
- You have met with a UA pre-health advisor at least once
- You are preparing to take the MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT, or GRE
- You have completed or plan to complete the following courses before attempting the standardized test required for the health profession I am pursuing: CHEM 151, 141/143, or Honors CHEM 1; CHEM 152, 142/144, or Honors CHEM 2; CHEM 241/243A or 242A; and CHEM 241/243B or 242B; MCB 181R/L; ECOL 182R/L; BIOC 384 or 385; PHYS 102/181 or 141; and PHYS 103/182 or 241 (exceptions will be made if any of the listed courses are not required for the standardized test you are taking)
- You are NOT a recipient of any previous test prep scholarships
- You have not taken a test preparation course before
The application for the KAPLAN 2018 Scholarship is available to download here. Please fill out the pdf application and email all supporting documents to Lorri Leong ( ). Applications will be accepted from October 19th, 8:00am - November 11th, 11:59pm.