The Center for Latin American Studies offers professional development and travel support to faculty members across University of Arizona’s campus who engage in scholarship, teaching, and research related to Latin America.
Professional Development Funding
The Center for Latin American Studies – Title VI National Resource Center is pleased to announce the 2023-2024 Application for Professional Development Funding open to faculty. We will hold the competition every semester through the end of our grant cycle (2026). We seek proposals from affiliated faculty who wish to attend program-related professional development. Funding will be awarded for up to $500. This can be used for attendance and registration costs associated with an event, project, or activity, including travel, lodging, or per diem. If funding is used to support travel, the itinerary must be submitted to CLAS at least 40 days in advance to comply.
Application Information & Submission
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Funding will be granted as available. Fill out the application form (https://forms.gle/5ipbw7NkHQt7i7Rb9) to request CLAS TVI funding for professional development. For questions, please contact Katrina Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Latin American Studies – Title VI National Resource Center is pleased to announce the 2023-2024 Faculty Travel Grant Competition. We plan to hold the competition every semester through the end of our grant cycle (2026). We have three types of funding available to faculty: International travel grants, National travel grants, and Institutional partnership grants. We seek proposals from affiliated faculty traveling to Latin America for professional meetings, research, developing linkages, and building new institutional collaborations with Latin American Partners. Funding can be applied to travel, lodging, and per diem. To comply with UA Travel guidelines, the travel itinerary must be submitted to CLAS at least 40 days in advance.
Guidelines & Award Information
If these guidelines are not followed, CLAS will be out of compliance with the Title VI grant stipulations and has full authority to request funds be returned.
By receiving TVI funding and checking the box below you are agreeing to the following:
- Abide by all UA Travel guidelines and dates: Travel Authorization, International Travel Registry, etc.
- Submit travel itinerary to CLAS at least 40 days in advance for TVI and Department of Education final approval.
- Abide by Fly America Act: https://www.gsa.gov/policy-regulations/policy/travel-management-policy/…
- Share final products/outcomes with CLAS for TVI reporting purposes. This could be edited volumes, papers, etc.
- Submit a final report within ten days of return travel including (1) a short summary and (2) an impact statement
Proposals submitted by the deadlines below will be given priority. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis after these dates. Funding will be granted when available. Please note: To comply with UA Travel guidelines, the travel itinerary must be submitted to CLAS at least 40 days in advance.
- For travel through December 2023: September 15, 2023
- For travel from January - June 2024: December 20, 2023
- Faculty Travel Grants up to $1200 for international travel to Latin America for professional meetings, research, and linkages.
- Faculty Travel Grants up to $700 for travel within the U.S. for professional meetings, research, and linkages.
- Faculty Institutional Partnership Grants of up to $1,500 per year for travel-related expenses for affiliated faculty proposing to start new institutional collaborations with Latin American Institutions.