Need help funding an event or speaker related to Latin American Studies? Apply for co-sponsorship funding from the Center for Latin American Studies.
The Center for Latin American Studies is a Department of Education Title VI National Resource Center. As part of our mission, we are dedicated to interdisciplinary collaboration that promotes Latin American Studies at the UA, in the Tucson community, nationally, and internationally.
Affiliated departments and faculty members may request funds for event sponsorship or costs related to bringing a guest speaker to campus. This can include room rental, equipment fees, publicity/marketing, guest speaker travel, lodging, and honorarium. All events must occur at UA, in Tucson, or in the greater Southwest, and be Latin America centered. The application is open until all funds are allocated for the academic year. Awards will range from $200-$750, depending on the scope of the event. Applications will be reviewed monthly on an ad hoc basis.
By receiving TVI funding you agree to the following:
- Include CLAS logo on all marketing materials. Logos are available for download here: https://arizona.box.com/s/y3hmsgi2hmrwacgbutiiuk5ln1potb0h
- Include Title VI recognition: "Event made possible through Department of Education Title VI NRC funds"
- Share all publicity and marketing materials with CLAS at least 10 days in advance. We will promote through our listservs, website, and social media.
- Share final products/outcomes with CLAS for TVI reporting purposes. This could be edited volumes, papers, etc.
- Submit a final report for event including: (a) short summary of event, (b) list of attendees including name, email, and affiliation, (c) impact statement.
If these guidelines are not followed, CLAS will be out of compliance with the Title VI grant stipulations and has full authority to request funds be returned.
By receiving TVI funding for travel-related expenses, you are agreeing to the following:
- Abide by all UA Travel guidelines and dates: Travel Authorization, International Travel Registry, etc.
- Submit the travel itinerary to CLAS at least 40 days in advance for TVI and the Department of Education's final approval.
- Abide by Fly America Act: https://www.gsa.gov/policy-regulations/policy/travel-management-policy/…
Please fill out this form (https://forms.gle/b4eszP6syosAdqzC9) to request CLAS TVI funding for event sponsorship. All funding requests must be submitted at least one month in advance. For questions, please contact Katrina Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org